We’re still more than two weeks away from the Super Bowl, but companies are already trying to create some buzz over their commercials. Here’s the latest . . .
1. Morgan Freeman and Peter Dinklage are facing off in an ad that promotes Doritos’ new spicy Blaze chips and Mountain Dew’s clear Ice drink. Both brands are owned by Pepsi. (Here’s a teaser.)
2. Matt Damon’s Water.org is teaming up with the beer Stella Artois for an ad campaign during the Big Game.
(Here’s a recent clip of Matt talking about it on the “Today” show. Skip to three minutes in.)
3. Keanu Reeves is doing a commercial for Squarespace. A few years ago, he launched his own motorcycle company Arch Motorcycle using the platform.
4. Cindy Crawford and her 18-year-old son Presley Gerber are doing a Pepsi commercial, which is a nod to the ‘Just One Look’ ad she did in 1992.
5. Tiffany Haddish is doing a Groupon ad. She’s a big fan of the company and was made its new celebrity spokesperson. (Here’s her recent announcement.)
6. Lexus is running a spot tied to Marvel’s upcoming “Black Panther” movie.
7. M&M’s will have its first Super Bowl ad in three years. (Here’s a teaser.)
8. Skittles is doing something unusual. Their 60-second ad won’t air to all viewers during the game. Instead, a teenager from Canoga Park, California will be the only one to see it first . . . and viewers can watch his reaction to it through a livestream on Skittles’ Facebook page. (There’s more on that, here.)