Turkey, stuffing, and beer. We couldn’t ask for a better long weekend. Its the Thanksgiving weekend and also the first weekend of Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest
Here’s a look at what you can expect to see this weekend:
- The Oktoberfest opening ceremony takes place Friday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Carl Zehr Square in Kitchener
- The Oktoberfest parade takes place Monday, starting at 8:45 a.m. at Weber and Frederick Streets. It runs along a new route this year, taking Weber to Bridgeport Road
- Many municipal buildings (but not Kitchener City Hall) will be closed for the weekend
- All pools in Kitchener are closed Sunday and Monday, while community centres are not offering programming on Monday
- All library branches will be closed Sunday and Monday
- The only public building open Monday in Cambridge is the John Dolson, which has leisure swim hours from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- In Waterloo, the Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex and Albert McCormick Community Centre will be closed all day Monday, with RIM Park only opening at 4 p.m.
- Bank branches are closed Monday
- Many supermarkets, stores and pharmacies are either closed or running modified hours on Monday
- Fairview Park Mall, Conestoga Mall and Cambridge Centre are closed Monday