Whether you’re a Ribfest & Craft Beer Show newbie who is keen on sampling some of the most finger lickin’ good BBQ sauces and fall-off-the-bone-ribs imaginable, or you are a beer connoisseur looking to sample the latest local craft-brews, Kitchener’s Ribfest & Craft Beer Show is the place to be every July!
This FREE 3-day, annual event was held at Victoria Park in Kitchener and marked the 14th Anniversary of this tasty community festival. With seven different ribbers, 18 craft breweries, live entertainment and a handful of other vendors including fresh, sweet corn and Colossal Onions, there was definitely something for everyone to enjoy!
Ribbers who went head-to-head (or should I say rib-to-rib) all vying for the coveted #1 trophy for Best BBQ Sauce, Best Chicken and Best Ribs included:
Fat Boys BBQ
Craft Brewers on-site (all from Ontario I might add), quenching everyone’s thirst and opening festival go’ers eyes to the endless variety of craft-brews available to enjoy in our province included:
- Amsterdam Brewery
- Beau’s All Natural Brewing Company
- Broadhead Brewing Co.
- Cowbell Brewing Co.
- Draught Dodger Brewing
- Four Fathers Brewing Co.
- Haliburton Highlands Brewing
- MacLean’s Ales
- Muskoka Brewery
- Nickel Brook Beers
- Old Tomorrow Brewing
- Rhythm & Brews Brewing
- Shawn & Ed Brewing Company
- Trestle Brewing Company
- The Collingwood Brewery
- Waterloo Brewing Company
- Wellington Brewery
- Whitewater Brewing Company
I was fortunate enough to have VIP passes for this highly-anticipated event and I will confirm that they are definitely worth the cost! VIP tickets cost between $30 and $44.25 and they came with plenty of perks including:
- Guaranteed admission up to 7:30pm Friday and Saturday nights.
- Separate VIP entrance / exit.
- Souvenir sample glass.
- 5 beer sample tokens.
- Dedicated wait staff to purchase your Ribs and select food for you in order to avoid the lineups.
- Access to VIP tent / patio and seating (availability based on capacity).
- Access to VIP washrooms with flushing toilets.
- Cowbell Brewing beers on-tap within the VIP tent.
- Ability to purchase extra beer tokens within the VIP tent.
Needless to say, by the end of the weekend I was covered up to my elbows in BBQ sauce and had sampled almost every brew available. Hands-down this has to be some of the tastiest, juiciest and delicious BBQ I have ever had the pleasure of eating and I highly-recommend this event to any food or beer-lover in our community!
So everyone please raise your glasses – Ales, Lagers, Stouts, Gruits and IPA’s alike, and cheers to the 2017 Ribfest & Craft Beer Show for another amazing event!