Every year, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame presents the opportunity for estranged acts to reunite. Looking through the 19 nominees this year, there are seven potential reunions to keep in the back of your mind, in case they’re inducted.
1. Steve Perry hasn’t sung for Journey since 1998.
2. Singer Jon Anderson and keyboardist Rick Wakeman haven’t been in Yes since 2004. Drummer Bill Bruford left in 1992 . . . and guitarist Trevor Rabin and organist Tony Kaye both haven’t been involved since 1994.
3. ELO hasn’t had founding members Roy Wood since the mid-70s, and Bev Bevan since the mid-’80s.
4. The ’70s lineup of Kraftwerk is missing Florian Schneider, Karl Bartos, and Wolfgang Flur.
5. Jane’s Addiction could reunite with original bassist Eric Avery again.
6. The J. Geils Band is without freakin’ J. Geils . . . and drummer Stephen Jo Bladd.
7. And Depeche Mode is currently without keyboardist Alan Wilder, and founding member Vince Clarke.